In today’s post, I’ll talk about my old Brawler concept, Shadow. I have tweaked it to make it fit with the current state of game. A big thanks to FreeGP for drawing the Shadow and all the crests once again!
I made many unnecessary pictures for the Shadow. They are too much to show on this page, so I’ve made a Dropbox folder which you can view here.
The Shadow is a solitary warrior, who was hiding in the dark realms of the Brawl Land until his old friend, Bo, called out for help.
- The Shadow is a melee brawler. His attack has a secondary ranged effect.
- The Shadow swings his enchanted sword and damages enemies within the sword’s range. While swinging the sword, his sword releases a purplish-blue wave that decreases the damage of enemy brawlers hit by it.
- Shadow swings his sword twice per ammo but only one wave is released per ammo. One strike is towards left (the first one) and the second is towards right. The sword strike can hit multiple Brawlers simultaneously.
- The effect of the wave lasts for 5 seconds. It’s range is as big as Poco’s melody wave.
- Once a brawler is affected by the wave, it’s damage can’t be reduced further until the effect of earlier wave is over (i.e., after 5 seconds)
- The Super ability of Shadow creates a 2 clones of itself. The clones have low health and damage.
- Clones mirror every move of the original Shadow.
- Rarity of Shadow is Mythic.
Attack: Wave Strike
After living in darkness for so long, the Shadow doesn’t like visitors. And he takes good care of them with his magical sword.
The Shadow strikes the enemies using his sword twice and releasing a wave that decreases the damage of enemy units. His sword has range similar to El Primo’s punches and the wave range is similar to Poco’s melody wave.
Super: Dark Forgery
Perfecting the art of creating clones, the Shadow breaks the harmony of the Saloon with his clones!
The Shadow makes two clones of himself which have low health and damage. The clones look exactly the same as the Shadow to the enemy team whereas for it’s teammates, the clones have a purplish appearance. The clones mirror every move of the original Shadow.
Star Power: Invisibility
Shadow becomes invisible after killing an enemy. He becomes visible again 7 seconds later. Enemies too close to him can see him.
Shadow will turn invisible only if he deals more than 600 damage to the enemy. Just finishing off a low health Brawler won’t make him invisible. Enemies too close to him (2 tiles radius) will be able to see him. Teammates will be able to see a reddish outline of Shadow when he’s invisible.
Note: Ignore everything in the stats images about Pins, Badges and Medals.
If you can’t view the images, then here are the stats:
Damage per strike: 520
Damage reduction per wave: 15% of enemy’s damage
Clones’ Damage: 156
Shadow is essentially a support brawler, and can easily support your team. It has the unique ability that allow him drain the damage of enemy brawler temporarily and his Super is very powerful in taking out enemy brawlers as it creates weak copies of himself. He can be used in Smash and Grab, Brawl Ball, Showdown and Boss Fight very effective. He’s good in Bounty too, but certainly better in other modes. He isn’t great in Heist and Robo Rumble.
High health brawlers can easily take out Shadow but low health and high damagers struggle against the Shadow as it is quite tanky and can reduce their damage. Even high health brawlers can struggle against the Shadow when he uses his Super because his clones can distract them. To find out the real Shadow between the clones, check for the one with most health or the one dealing the most damage, that would be the real one.
FAQ & Trivia
- Shadow will be the third Mythic brawler if implemented in game, alongside Mortis and Tara.
- Shadow will be the first brawler with a secondary attack mechanism.
- His second attack mechanism will be one of its kind, because none of the existing Brawlers can affect the enemies except from damaging them.
- The base movement speed of Shadow is 750, equal to Crow’s.
Thanks for reading everyone. I hope y’all liked the concept of Shadow. Please share your views and help me make it even better. 🙂